- Required Courses
Foundations I&II, Molecular Mechanisms in Biology, Techniques in Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics, etc
Twelve-week projects in 3 different laboratories provide exposure to a variety of experimental methods and a basis for choosing a research laboratory.
- Elective Courses (typically 1 or 2)
- Choose Thesis laboratory and begin Thesis research
- Thesis Proposal/Qualifying Exam at the end of the second year
Years 3 - 5:
- Full-time Thesis research
- Annual Thesis Committee Meetings to assess progress and seek advice.
- Regular presentations for biweekly Research-in-Progress series, for annual Molecular Biophysics symposium, for departmental retreats and for international meetings